Progressive Black-Led Ally Coalition is ProBLAC.
We are No Justice, No Peace personified in Omaha.
our goal is to create a Black-led intersectional movement in Omaha. the goal of phase 2 of No Justice No Peace-Omaha is to create an organizing space where Black and Indigenous voices are uplifted and prioritized, with support and space for allies to listen and take action as well-proBLAC. simultaneously, everyone involved despite racial identity, nationality, age, sexual identity, gender identity, religion, or creed is empowered to discuss and execute strategic action with Black and Indigenous folks front and centered in the conversation and their actions. this movement is titled appropriately-until we see justice, they will not see peace. let’s share resources, and get to work.
community guidelines and agreements:
STATEMENT OF INTENTION UPON ENTERING SHARED SPACES
- I enter this space with an open mind, heart, and attitude.
- I ask for and respect the consent, boundaries, and needs of those around me.
- I support the empowerment of each person in order to subvert the histories and structures of oppression that marginalize and divide us.
- I hold myself accountable to community decisions and will work for, care for, and defend our community.
- If I violate community agreements, or act in a way that harms the community, I will remove myself from this physical space.
- We amplify each other’s voices and prioritize the voices of our Black and Indigenous people.
- We get explicit consent before interacting physically or using others’ belongings.
- We affirm that consent is not just the absence of a “no,” but the presence of an uncoerced “yes.”
- We will call the respective authorities to assist you if you are injured or harmed in this space. We will vow to refrain from calling the police, as to preserve our principles and protect our people of color in this space.
- We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, and expressed identities. We make no assumptions about someone’s race, gender or class identity based on their appearance. We also understand that no one is required to share information about their identities.
- We speak only for ourselves and commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard, especially those that have historically been marginalized or silenced.
- We commit to ongoing awareness of our prejudices, privileges, and the structures of oppression that affect our personal experiences.
- We agree to honor the community agreements and requests of the spaces we visit.
- We commit to not taking photographs in this space unless the person(s) pictured have explicitly consented. Live streaming is not advised.
COMMITMENT TO CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND ACCOUNTABILITY
We accept a shared responsibility in holding one another accountable to these agreements. If we feel that an agreement is not being respected we will express that concern without violence, judgment or assumption of intent by others. As a community, we commit to developing creative and transformative ways to address harm. In all cases where someone is harmed, we affirm the experience and decisions of the person harmed in guiding our responses and next steps, while allowing all parties involved to transform the cycles of abuse and violence.
If an individual disrespects community agreements we will collectively implement a de-escalation process, which may result in an individual being removed from our space.
join the work. join a team.
we all have a way to contribute.
Messaging & Signage